• Welcome to African Grey's vibrant community - Forum ! We just started this journey, our aim is to build a friendly community for pet lovers.
    Our goal is to foster a warm and welcoming community where you can connect with like-minded individuals, share your experiences, and learn from one another.
    Don't miss out on the fun! Sign up now and join us in celebrating the love and joy our pets bring into our lives.
  • Welcome, this forum isn't exclusively for African Grey Parrots. While this is my primary focus due to personal experience—I had an African Grey Parrot who I sadly lost—in his memory, I launched this website. So, whether you have any type of pet, you're welcome here.
    Everyone is encouraged to read, write, and share knowledge with our forum members.

How big do African Grey parrots grow?

TiktokParrot

Administrator
Staff member
From Fluffy Chicks to Majestic Avian Royalty
The Growth Spurt of African Grey Parrots!

Hey there, feathered friends and pet enthusiasts! 🦜

Are you curious about just how big our beloved African Grey Parrots can get? Well, get ready, because we're about to embark on a journey through the fascinating world of parrot growth spurts – with a sprinkle of humor, of course!

Picture this: you bring home a cute little ball of fluff that fits snugly in the palm of your hand. You coo over its adorable chirps and marvel at its tiny talons, blissfully unaware of the avian giant it's destined to become. Fast forward a few years, and suddenly, you find yourself face to face with a majestic African Grey Parrot that commands attention with its impressive size and regal presence. Talk about a glow-up!

But just how big do African Grey Parrots grow, you ask? Well, hold onto your perch because we're about to spill the birdseed! On average, these feathered wonders can reach anywhere from 12 to 14 inches in length, with a wingspan spanning up to 18 inches. That's like having a miniature pterodactyl perched on your shoulder – talk about a conversation starter!

Now, let's add a dash of humor to this avian growth chart, shall we? Imagine trying to find a cage that can contain your rapidly expanding African Grey Parrot. It's like shopping for real estate – except instead of square footage, you're measuring in wing spans and tail feathers. Good luck finding a birdcage that doesn't double as a luxury penthouse suite!

But wait, there's more! As African Grey Parrots grow, so too does their personality and charm. From clumsy fledglings learning to spread their wings to confident adults ruling the roost with their unmistakable presence, watching these birds grow is like witnessing a real-life fairy tale – complete with feathers and flying.

I would say whether they're just a fluffy chick or a fully-grown avian monarch, African Grey Parrots never fail to amaze us with their growth and grace. So, here's to our feathered friends – may they continue to spread their wings and steal our hearts with their boundless charm and endless antics!

If you find this thread/post informative, feel free to share it with your family or friends as it might be helpful to them.

Click here to read more informative articles about African Grey Parrots!

Stay safe!
Cheers!​

Back